Novo Nordisk considers the protection of your personal data and privacy a very important matter. We seek to adhere to all privacy laws and enforce clear policies on protecting personal information. Our data privacy programme includes a global organisation and infrastructure as well as procedures and training to support local activities and help our efforts to ensure compliance.
Novo Nordisk processes personal data in a variety of contexts and we invite you to carefully read our Privacy Notices, which set out how we process your personal data and explain your rights and our obligations:
• Website Cookies and Privacy Disclaimer (for this website)
• Privacy Notice for Customer Care, Safety Information
Privacy, cookies and legal disclaimer – your privacy at novonordisk.co.uk
This website is created to provide information about our company, products and services. This disclaimer applies only to this website and describes how and why we collect information about you as a user.
1. The information we collect
We collect information that can help us improve our websites. Some information we ask you for directly, but other information is collected automatically. All information collected automatically is stored in an aggregate form and cannot be used to identify you as a specific individual. We occasionally ask you for information that can at times be personally identifiable and private. As a result, information collected by us can be divided into two main categories:
a) Aggregated visitor statistics
b) Personally identifiable information
We do not link aggregated visitor statistics with personally identifiable information.
Aggregated visitor statistics
When you visit our website, we automatically collect general information about your computer and its location as well as the website you came from, if applicable. This information cannot be used to identify you as an individual. This information is only used in aggregate form to inform us where our visitors come from, what they look at and act on, and where the most time is spent.
Information we collect automatically:
• First-party cookie support (whether you allow us to place a cookie on your computer)
• Visitor ID (provided by a cookie we place on your computer when possible)
• Referrer (i.e. where you came from, eg google.com)
• Date and time of visit
• Regional and language settings (to determine which country you are in)
• Operating System (Windows, OS X, Linux, iOS, Android etc.)
• Browser & Browser Version (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari etc.)
• Screen Resolution (1280×1024, 1024×768, etc.)
• Java support
• IP address (computer address on the internet)
• The title of the page you are viewing
• The URL of the page you are viewing
Personally identifiable information
At times, we need to collect more personal data about you. Some areas/parts of our website might require you to register in order to log in; we might ask you for information such as your age and occupation to better understand the purpose of your visit and to improve your visitor experience.
In any case, whenever we ask you for any personally identifiable information that can be used to identify you as an individual, we will always provide an explanation as to why we collect the information, how we collect it, how we store it and how we plan on treating and using it.
2. How information is used
We will only collect and store personally identifiable information for the purpose stated during the collecting process. When we finish processing your information for the stated purpose, we will erase and destroy it to ensure your privacy.
3. Collection of sensitive data
We do not collect or retain sensitive personal data relating to your health, ethnic origin, religious beliefs or political conviction etc at this site. In the rare case where we do seek to collect other sensitive data we will do so in strict compliance with local data privacy law.
4. Protection of children
Protecting the privacy of children is important. Novo Nordisk does not intend to collect personally identifiable information from children (a child is defined as being under the age of 18) without permission of the parent or legal guardian. Children should NOT submit personally identifiable information to Novo Nordisk without the explicit permission of their parent or legal guardian.
Where appropriate, we will instruct children not to submit personal data. If your child has submitted personal data and you would like to request that such information be removed, please contact [email protected] .
5. How we ensure data security
Personal data are collected on this website only to the extent required. Under no circumstances are the collected data sold on to third parties for any reason.
6. Where are the data processed?
Any personal data we collect may be transferred internationally within Novo Nordisk’s global organisation. We have internal policies in place to ensure an adequate level of protection irrespective of where in Novo Nordisk your data are located.
Please learn more about our position on personal data protection.
7. Disclosure to third parties
We will never transfer or sell personally identifiable information about our visitors to a third party
We will generally only share information with our contracted service providers and advisors. However, in order to comply with legal obligations, to protect the rights, property or safety of Novo Nordisk, its employees and others, or in the event we sell or liquidate any part of business or assets, personal data may be shared. Any such sharing will be in compliance with data privacy law.
8. Visitor rights
You are entitled to know whether we hold personal data about you and, if we do, obtain insight to that data and require the data to be corrected if inaccurate. You are also entitled to know the purposes and you may object to Novo Nordisk’s use of your personal data. Please contact [email protected] if you wish to obtain insight in your personal data or if you have any concerns in this regard.
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server; only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember your preferences – eg choice of language.
• Strictly necessary cookies; Cookies that are strictly necessary in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features.
• Functionality cookies; Functionality cookies record information about choices you’ve made and allow us to tailor the website to you.
• Performance cookies; Performance cookies are used across Novo Nordisk websites for internal purposes to help us to provide you with a better user experience. Information supplied by these cookies helps us understand how our visitors use novonordisk.com so that we can improve how the content.
You can learn more about cookies in general here.
10. Legal disclaimers
The content presented on the Novo Nordisk website is presented solely for informational purposes. The site does not provide you with advice or recommendation of any kind and should not be relied on as the basis for any decision or action. You are advised to consult professional advisors in the appropriate field with respect to the applicability of any particular aspect of the contents. In particular, nothing on this website constitutes an invitation or offer to invest or deal in Novo Nordisk securities. Further, the site provides selected information of diseases and their treatment. Such information is not intended as medical advice. Such information is not a substitute for the advice of a healthcare professional. If you have, or suspect having, any health problems, you should consult your general practitioner or other qualified health provider.
Information provided ”as is”
The information on this site is provided ‘as is’ and Novo Nordisk makes no representations or warranties, expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Novo Nordisk makes no representations or warranties of any kind as to the completeness, accuracy, timeliness, availability, functionality and compliance with applicable laws. By using this website you accept the risk that the information may be incomplete or inaccurate or may not meet your needs or requirements.
Neither Novo Nordisk nor our content providers shall be liable for any damages or injury arising out of your access to, or inability to access, this site or from your reliance on any information provided herein. Novo Nordisk disclaims any and all liability for direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, and special or other damages, lost opportunities, lost profit or any other loss or damages of any kind. This limitation includes damages or any viruses, which may affect your computer equipment.
Links to other sites
This website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Novo Nordisk; please be aware that we are not responsible for or have control over the privacy policies of these sites.This privacy statement applies only to information collected on this site. We strongly encourage you to read the privacy statements of every site you visit that collects personally identifiable information.
Sites linking to us
Novo Nordisk does not endorse websites linking to Novo Nordisk sites. Novo Nordisk is not responsible for content on these liked sites or for control over information that users may choose to provide to these sites.
Novo Nordisk reserves its right to alter, modify, substitute or delete any content of or may restrict access to or discontinue distribution of this site at any time and at its sole discretion.
Copyright and use of content
The content of this website is the property of Novo Nordisk and is protected by copyright laws. The trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos and product displayed on this site are protected worldwide, and no use of any of these may be made without the prior written consent of Novo Nordisk. You are welcome to download the content of this website, however, only for your personal and non-commercial use. No modification or further reproduction of the contents is permitted. The content may otherwise not be copied or used in any other manner.
Use of questions and comments
Any questions, comments, suggestions or any other communications, including any ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques or know-how you may forward to this site or otherwise to Novo Nordisk, electronically or by any other means, are on a non-confidential basis and will become the property of Novo Nordisk, which Novo Nordisk without restriction may use in any fashion and for any purposes whatsoever, including developing, manufacturing and/or marketing goods or services.
Your access and use of this website and the contents hereof shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the Laws of United Kingdom.
11. Who to contact
If you have any questions about this privacy, cookies and legal disclaimer, if you want to obtain insight in any personal data held about you, or if you have any concerns regarding Novo Nordisk’s use of your personal data you may contact us via [email protected].
Notice of Personal Data Processing Relating to Safety Information and Customer Care Enquiries
Novo Nordisk A/S and Novo Nordisk Limited are required by law to register your enquiries, collect complaints and safety information concerning our products and whilst doing so to also protect your personal data. This Notice explains how we process (e.g. collect, use, store, and share) your personal data. We will process any personal data about you in accordance with this Notice and with applicable law.
In Novo Nordisk we collect all customer enquiry and safety information on our products into a database. We analyse the data on a regular basis to determine if there is any new information about our products that we need to share with authorities, doctors and patients. This is all done with the purpose of securing the safety of our products and patients.
1. WHO ARE WE?
The company/ies responsible for processing your personal data is/are:
Novo Nordisk A/S
Novo Alle 1
Novo Nordisk Limited
3 City Place Beehive Ring Road
Gatwick, West Sussex
Registered number 1118740
You can always contact the local Data Protection Officer or UK Data Protection Officer/Responsible at Novo Nordisk Limited at [email protected] or the Global Novo Nordisk Data Privacy Officer at [email protected] with questions or concerns about how we process your personal data.
2. HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA ABOUT YOU?
We get your personal data from the following sources:
• From you directly
• From Health Care Professionals such as your nurse, a pharmacist or doctor
• From publicly available publications, websites, or social media
3. WHY DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We process personal data about you for the following purposes:
• To address your general enquiries and concerns in regards to our products
• To perform a scientific evaluation of any complaint or side effect potentially related to a Novo Nordisk medicinal product
• To file side effects in our global safety database, which is regularly analysed for overall patterns
• To assess patterns associated with complaints, including side effects
4. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE PROCESS ABOUT YOU?
For the purposes described above in Section 3, we may process the following types of personal data:
• Contact information (name, address, telephone number, email address)
• Data revealing racial or ethnic origin
• Data concerning health and medicinal products you are using
5. WHY ARE WE ALLOWED BY LAW TO PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Our processing of your personal data requires a legal basis. By law, we are allowed to process your personal data described above in Section 4 based on the following legal bases:
• The processing is necessary for our compliance with the legal safety obligation
6. HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We may share your personal data with:
• Health authorities
• Other Novo Nordisk entities (e.g., Novo Nordisk affiliates in other countries)
• Partner companies that assist our company (e.g. licence partners, consultants, IT service providers)
7. WHEN DO WE TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EU/EEA?
For the purposes described above in Section 3, we transfer your personal data to the following countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA):
• All non-EEA countries in which Novo Nordisk have a physical presence
We use one of the following safeguards, as required by law, to protect your personal data in case of such transfers:
The transfer is to a Novo Nordisk entity covered by Novo Nordisk’s Binding Corporate Rules, available at https://www.novonordisk.com/data-privacy-and-user-rights/privacy-policy.html
8. HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will keep your personal data for the following period of time:
• 12 years for data relating to technical complaints
• Permanently for data relating to side effects
• Up to 5 years for all other enquiries
9. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
In general, you have the following rights:
• You can get an overview of what personal data we have about you
• You can get a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format
• You can get an update or correction to your personal data
• You can submit a complaint about how we process your personal data to a Data Protection Authority.
Under applicable law, there may be limits on these rights depending on the specific circumstances of the processing activity. Contact us as described in Section 1 with questions or requests relating to these rights.